DUE TO COVID-19, OUR PROTECTIVE PROCEDURES HAVE CHANGED. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Pre-Appointment Screening: An email will be sent out to each patient along with the appointment reminder, two days before the appointment. When you get that message, please review it and let us know if you are experiencing any symptoms. We will be asking the same questions again when you arrive for your appointment. If you would like to review the Patient Screening Form, you can click this link: COVID-19 PRE-SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE
- Social Distancing: To prevent patients from getting too close to one another and to maintain the necessary social distancing, we ask everyone who is here for an appointment to wait in their car. This will prevent patients from gathering in the front lobby.
- Car check-in: When you arrive for your appointment please text (520) 317-7226 to let us know you are here, or you may call (520)744-7388. Each patient will need to answer a series of questions from their vehicle on their smart phone. Once we receive that form and we have a room ready for you, we will call or text you to let you know. Once you walk in, your temperature will be taken, to ensure you are healthy enough to be seen. From there, will be taken straight back to the operatory.
- Hand Sanitizer: There is hand sanitizer at the front door, which each patient is required to use as they enter the door. You may use sanitizer any time during your visit.
- Masks and other PPE: Patients are required to wear a mask when entering our office. The dental team will be wearing KN95 or N95 masks and gloves and sometimes gowns, when working with you, to protect you and them from any contamination. We are not wearing our scrubs or shoes to and from work, to ensure there are no outside particles getting in to the office.
- Plexiglass barriers: For the front desk, should you need to do anything before we bring you back, or after your appointment, we have installed plexiglass to shield you and us.
- Sanitizing procedures for common areas: Common areas, such as the lobby, hallways and restrooms will be sanitized every 30 mins, or after each patient, depending on traffic. By limiting how many people walk through the office as well as closing our waiting room, we have already greatly reduced the amount of possible airborne toxins and surface area contamination.
- Limiting extra companions: We understand that it can be comforting to have family, friends or spouses with us at the dental office, but right now, we must limit exposure. If the patient is a minor or needs special assistance, then we understand the need for them to have their guardians, but for everyone else, please let them know they must wait in the car if they come with you to your appointment.
- Please be aware that because of the extra precautions and procedures that must be done, you may have extra wait times. We hope you understand and we hope to become more efficient in the extra measures we are having to take. This is all for the better, and we know that everyone will appreciate it in the long run.
We look forward to serving you, and being a safe place for you and everyone else!
Your dental family at Presidio Dental